Everyone in my family adores my husband Mark’s chili recipe. He found the original recipe years ago on the Food Network and then of course he added his own flare to it to make it his own. He’s never really been one to stick to a recipe of any kind. He likes to mix and match his ingredients to see what he thinks will work and of course he always says that the most important ingredient is Love. He’s probably right about that…until I discovered Mazola® Sobrecitos®. My husband’s chili is delicioso to say the least, but today I put my own spin on his recipe by adding a Mazola® Sobrecitos® chicken flavor bouillon packet to it and let me tell you that it came out so deliciously FLAVORFUL, that I was very pleased.
Mazola Sobrecitos is definitely now a staple ingredient in my kitchen. I’m saying bye-bye to bouillon cubes, because unlike bouillon cubes, Mazola Sobrecitos dissolves completely and instantly. It’s so simple to use too. Any recipe that calls for a bouillon cube, you simply replace with a Mazola Sobrecitos packet. So basically one Sobrecito packet= One bouillon Cube.
Here’s another great use for Mazola Sobrecitos . Have you ever bought chicken stock, but the recipe does not require the whole thing, so you refrigerate the remainder of it, only so that it ends up going bad? I hate when that happens too! You won’t have to worry about that with Mazola Sobrecitos because to make any delicious broth all you need to do is dissolve 1 Mazola Sobrecitos bouillon packet into 2 cups of boiling water and there is your yummy broth with absolutely no waste in the refrigerator waiting to go bad.
Another wonderful benefit in using Mazola® Sobrecitos® is that it’s made with natural sea salt and is cholesterol and fat free. That’s right, New Mazola® Sobrecitos® bouillon packets feature the goodness of all natural sea salt. I believe in this product so much that I will be giving one of my lucky readers one box of Mazola Sobrecitos and a $25.00 Walmart gift card! All you have to do is visit www.facebook.com/MazolaEspanol and comment on my recipe post by telling me what your favorite recipe is. Here is a link that goes directly to my post on their Facebook Page! So leave your comment HERE!
I will then draw the winner on Friday, August 3rd.
- Did you know that sea salt is less processed than regular table salt?
- I feel better about seasoning my dishes with all natural sea salt because it is less processed than table salt.
- In my recipe below I used the Mazola Sobrecitos chicken bouillon flavor, but there are two savory flavors to choose from: chicken and tomato!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Red or Yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow, red, or green bell peppers (your preference) I used yellow & green this time.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed organic tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet of Mazola® Sobrecitos® chicken flavor bouillon packet mixed in 2 cups of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (we like Tapatio, but Tabasco or any hot sauce you like will do)
- 11/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil or chop up fresh basil (we grow basil in our garden, so I prefer fresh).
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar and/or Monterrey Jack cheese
In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey or ground beef and cook until browned. Add remaining ingredients, except for the sour cream and shredded cheese, and stir well to mix. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. We like it to simmer a long time, it really makes the flavors kick in. Serve in a bowl and then top off the chili with the shredded cheese of your choice and sour cream!
- Visit the new Spanish-language Facebook page for Latinas just like us. Visit www.facebook.com/MazolaEspanol to check out new recipes for delicious dishes and special offers from the Mazola® brand team.
- Check out the Mazola’s Website at http://www.mazola.com/spanish/inicio.aspx
- Giveaway is open to US entries only. 18 and up.
- This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Mazola® Sobrecitos®. However, all opinions expressed are my own.