I recently wrote on my blog a little bit about our rushed morning routine. It seems like no matter what time I wake up, I am always rushing. When my daughter got her 5th tardy slip I knew I needed to find a way to make our morning routine run smoother. Here are a few great tips that have helped my child finally get to school on time!
- Lay out clothes the night before. Not just the kid’s clothes, but everyone’s clothes. Then there is no time wasted trying to figure out what to wear.
- When it comes to breakfast, know what you are going to make beforehand.
- If your kids are big cereal eaters you can set up breakfast the night before. Leave a bowl of cereal on the table covered in plastic wrap. Then place a cup of milk in the fridge on a shelf your child can reach. Then they can serve themselves cereal and you won’t have to worry about a mess.
- Take showers and baths the night before.
- Have your child’s homework checked and their backpack packed and waiting by the door.
- Pack lunches the night before.
- Stick to a routine. This way you know everything that needs to get done is done.
A smooth and fun morning routine can give you and your child a great start to the entire day!
Visit Elissa’s Website at Punk Rock Parents!
Follow Elissa on Twitter @PunkRockMom