If you have left over candy canes lying around your house or up on your Christmas tree then here is a yummy recipe that’s just for you! Put those candy canes to good use and serve it up for the New Year!
* Brownie mix or of course if you have time, scratch made is best
* 1 Jar Caramel Sauce or Butterscotch
* Vanilla Ice Cream or Non fat vanilla yogurt
* 10 Candy Canes
* 1 hammer
* 1 zip lock bag
Add this step below for the ADULT Version:
** 2 shots or a 1/4 cup of Grand Marnier or Cointreau – Makes it a little merrier
- Bake brownies
- Let cool
- Take knife and poke holes evenly about 2 inches apart over the top making sure the knife reaches down to the bottom of the dish
- Adult version – pour Grand Marnier over the top the go to step 5
- Pour entire bottle of caramel over the top of the brownies smoothing evenly (save a little to pour on top of the brownie when you serve it)
- Let the brownie soak in the dish at least 2 hours – 24 hours…the longer it soaks the better!!
- Put candy canes in a zip lock bag and pulverize with hammer into itty bitty pieces
- Take ice cream out and let it get soft
- When the ice cream is soft stir in candy cane bits
- When you are ready to serve cut 3 x 3 portions drizzle caramel warmed sauce over the brownie
- Plop a scoop of peppermint ice cream on top and serve!!
**TIP: Heat brownies before you cut out of the dish and serve for that just out of the oven DELIGHT!
Visit Liza Utter’s Website!
Follow Liza on Twitter!